Wednesday, March 26, 2014

BB & CC Creams!

This is my current "collection" of BB creams.  They all have different purposes and worn on different days.
 
 
The first BB Cream I ever tried was Lioele Beyond the Solutions BB Cream.  It was nearly perfect.  Nearly perfect color, coverage, etc...  I would consider picking this one back up and I have but since I already have a drawer full, I have been holding off.  Here is my Original BB Cream post from a two years ago! Link!
 
Garnier BB Cream Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination Oily Skin in Light/Medium is more like a foundation to me.  It's a bit thin and runny but covers beautifully and is a perfect, light feeling foundation for the summer as it is a bit darker.  Before Garnier came out with the oily/combo skin version, I had a love/hate relationship with the original.  I wanted to love it, but it would oxidize and slide off my face.  This is much improved and my favorite drugstore "BB cream."
 
Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm is my favorite all around BB Cream.  Perfect color match, semi-matte finish, good coverage, not too heavy, not too light, and longer wearing for a BB Cream.  I will definitely repurchase this one as it is almost empty.  This is also a darker, summer time BB cream for me.  I purchased this from Birchbox with my points for just a couple of dollars so that was a bonus too!
 
Pond's Luminous Finish BB+ Cream is a nice drugstore option but not if you are oily skinned and looking for something long lasting.  This is my winter weekend/weekday I'm not going anywhere but don't want to scare anyone when I answer the door...  It's plenty moisturizing for me, too much in the summer and melts off within 2 hours but it's still useful to me especially during this particularly cold and dry winter we have had.  It does offer some coverage, not as much as Garnier however.  I'm not sure if this is one I would repurchase though.

Skin79 Super Beblesh Balm Triple Functions Whitening + Wrinkle Improvement is a true high SPF Korean BB Cream.  It's thick, full coverage, has a crazy high SPF and has the skincare benefits.  Now Dr. Jart Black Label Detox is also a Korean brand with skin benefits, but it seems watered down and the SPF is only 25.  Still my favorite though, don't get me wrong.  Skin79 is super light too and matches me perfectly in the winter.  I mostly use this in the center of my face, triangle under eyes.  It fills in/minimizes pores.  It's a great BB cream if you are fair and has yellow undertones which is good for me.  It covers up my pink cheeks so I can actually see my blush color.  :)

Now on to my Color Corrector or CC Creams!


The first CC Cream that I ever tried was Rachel K CC Cream.  I loved it.  It was the perfect base and moisturizer for me in the summer.  I picked up AVON's Ideal Flawless in Light/Medium mostly for the high SPF.  I've tried it out a few times and really like it under foundation as a moisturizer.  It has a thicker, almost whipped consistency.  It doesn't provide a ton of coverage. The color isn't the best for me however which you will see in just a bit.  I would like to try it out in light.  The high SPF of 50 and light to no scent is a huge plus for me.

Lumene CC Cream in Light was in one of my last New Beauty TestTubes.  I had tried the Lumene BB Cream which didn't work out.  This CC Cream is really nice.  It doesn't provide as much coverage as Rachel K but it come in a close second.  It would be perfect if it had SPF 50 like AVON it would be absolutely perfect.  Lumene CC Cream has an SPF of 20.

One thing you have to pay attention to with BB Cream is the oxidation factor.  They can change significantly.  True BB creams have a gray cast to them and tend to warm up.  The BB Creams that I have stay mostly true to color as they dry down and oxidize.  However, take a look at the CC Creams:

 
I have the original/oxidized swatches in the middle of AVON and Lumene CC Creams.

From left to right:

Freshly applied AVON Ideal Flawless CC Cream in Light/Medium, Oxidized AVON CC Cream in Light Medium.  Huge difference!  And it was pretty shocking at the end of the day when I looked at my face.  Oopsy!

Continuing along... Oxidized Lumene CC Cream in Light, freshly applied Lumene CC Cream in Light.

I only tested out the Korean BB Creams to see if they oxidized.  It's very slight.

Here is Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox on the left and Skin79 BB Cream on the right:


I have the freshly applied swatch to the right of the oxidized.  Not much of a difference noted.

When I have finished up a couple of these, I of course have a small list of notable BB/CC Creams I would like to try:

1. It Cosmetics CC Cream.  If I was not on a no buy this month, I would have ordered the most recent set on QVC for $65.98.  It has a supersize CC Cream, Plus Paddle Foundation brush, CC Lip Serum and the infamous Tightline Waterproof Mascara and you can buy it on Easy Pay.  :)  If this set came with the Bye Bye Under Eye, I might have caved.  The regular sized CC Cream is $35.

2.  Dior Hydra Life BB Eye Crème. Next Sephora VIB Sale! Chic Week is coming up soon!  April right?  :)

Just 2 or do you have any suggestions for me to try?  :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment