Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Week 9+10 Empties!

Yahoo!  Lots of empties the past 2 weeks!
 
 

I will start with the obvious non-emptied foundation bottles to the left.  L'OREAL True Match Lumi in W1-2 is just too light/pink for me.  I'm going to send this to my sister.  L'OREAL True Match in W-3 is too pink as well.  I'm wondering if the W means pink and the C means yellow?  Can someone help me out on that?  If that's the case, no wonder I can't find a match!  I also have tried N1-2 in LUMI and that was too pink as well.  Let me know!  The Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid Foundation in SP30 is too light for me as well.  I'm thinking I need SP50 for the summer.  It has a SPF of 42 which is perfect for me.  This might be too yellow for my sister but I will send it along anyway.

Just the Basics Shave Cream, which I didn't know was a cream but thought it was a gel when I bought it at CVS didn't not work for me.  I let my 3 year old play with it in the bath!  My legs are pretty sensitive and this gave me instant razor burn.  I didn't even finish shaving my leg.

Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap in Lavender.  It's the ultimate multi-tasker.  Will repurchase in both this flavor and all others.  I'm going to start using it as a natural cleanser as well for the house. 

Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask is pretty good and it's at the commissary so I can pick it up with my groceries.  I will repurchase.

Julep Mask Noir was okay.  It's super messy and difficult to wash off your hands after application.  It also stains white face cloths.  Who would have thunk?  I might have another application but I'm going to skip it.  I do like the peel off aspect of it.  My face was soft after using it.  I didn't see any other results though.

Suave Smoothing Body Lotion with Cocoa Butter & Shea.  This has a great, fresh scent.  I would consider picking this one up.

Trader Joe's Coconut Body Butter.  My last one!  I need to get down to Wilmington and replenish the supply!

Amlactin Moisturizing Body Lotion.  This lotion stings, not just after shaving either.  After every time.  Yikes!  Alpha-Hydroxy acids hurt y'all.  But they are good exfoliators.  Maybe this lotion will be better for me in the summer.  Ouch.

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye. This lasted forever.  I even thought it was empty and was still able to use it for a few more weeks.  It's finally empty.  I will repurchase the cream version, Advanced Night Repair Eye Synchronized Complex.  I saw pretty good results after using 2 samples of the previous.  When I went to purchase the full size, the sales associate steered me towards the serum.

Organix Hydrating Macademia Oil Shampoo & Conditioner.  I picked these up, well on clearance of course, but because I loved the hair mask.  These were very drying.  I added avocado oil to both of them and they were tolerable.  Avocado oil makes every shampoo and conditioner better.  I won't repurchase.

Epielle Facial Essence Mask Collagen with Vitamin E.  I bought several of these during one of Big Lots 20% off sales.  They are 60 cents a piece.  They are nice and cheap.  Alcohol is the 6th ingredient.  Not super happy about that.

100% pure coconut nourishing body cream.  Initially it smells a little funny, earthy, raw but later in the day it smelled really nice. I liked that I could smell it throughout the day too.  Really nice ingredients too.  I might need to pick this up.

Caldrea Aromotherapeutic Body Lotion in Coconut Fig Leaf.  If I could smell like this for all the days of my life.  I would buy buckets of this stuff.  I saw that Caldrea is on Vitacost but not the lotion.  $22 for 8 fl. oz.  If I win the lottery...

Kiehls' Fig Leaf and Sage is another scent that I love.  I tried the body cleanser it was luxurious. $24 for 8.4 fl.oz.



 
Derma Doctor DD cream was too dark so I couldn't really test it out since I'm in the public eye a lot!

Kiehl's BB Cream is really nice!  It has an SPF 50 and smells of sunscreen but the coverage is nice.  I would pick this one up if I didn't have any other BB creams in rotation.

There are a few other oils and serums but since they were 1-2 use foil packets, I can't really formulate an opinion of them after such short time use.

Oh I was thinking that they Smashbox Photo Finish More Than Primer Blemish Control was actually green like the package, but it isn't.  I was thinking it was a color correcting thing.  Oh well.  But I still would like to have a full size of this around for days when I need a blemish treatment. 

I actually finished a perfume sample!  Victoria's Secret Bombshell.  I will be purchasing a full size.  I liked this one a lot.  One day I will share my perfume sample "collection."

No comments:

Post a Comment