Monday, March 3, 2014

Week 9: Weekly Skincare/Makeup Box!

March is in full swing and we already have a winter advisory starting at 4pm EST!  Ice and sleet are on the way.  In like a lion, out like a lamb?

I officially started training for a 5k and of course I pulled a hammy.  First time EVER.  Ouch.  Definitely a sign that my age is creeping up on me.  In all seriousness, it's a bit sore after a very diligent stretch.  Hopefully we will be back at it in a couple of days.

I have a lot of fun stuff in this week's box so let's get started!




Foundation:  I really liked the CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous in Buff Beige and Lumene CC cream in light combo from last week.  As much as I want to use stuff up, I'm not going to keep things that do not work.

BB/CC/DD Cream:  In addition to Lumene, I have Kiehl's Skin Tone Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream, Smashbox Camera Ready CC Cream, Supergoop! CC Cream (which I have on right now and dare I say I love it!) and DERMAdoctor DD Cream.  I got my B, C, D's covered this week!

Primer:  I have a couple foil packet samples to try of Smashbox.  The regular Photo Finish and the Green Photo Finish with Blemish Control.  I have a larger Photo Finish that I have used before as well.  Algenist Pore Corrector Anti-Aging Primer is in the stash as well. If I finish these, I have Clarins Instant Smooth for back up.  For eyes I have Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base and Benefit Stay Don't Stray in light/medium.  I also like to use this under my eyes to help with concealer.

Moisturizer:  If I need a separate one, I included Origins Plantscription SPF 25.  But I think with all the BB, CC and DD creams, I should be covered in the hydration department.  I also have Jack Black Epic Moisture MP 10 Nourishing Oil for the evening to try out.

SPF:  All the BB/CC/DD creams I should be covered, but I included La Roche-Posay 50 since I will be out a lot running this week.  And it will be a staple from here on out! 

Eye Cream:  Estee Lauder is still hanging tough as well as Ole Henriksen.

Serum and/or treatment:  Ole Henriksen Firming and Sculpting Serum, Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Bright Skin Tone Correcting Serum, and Paula's Choice C15 Super Booster.  Urban Decay b6 Vitamin-Infused Complexion Prep Spray kind of smells like hair spray.  Hmm...

Cleanser:  I opened up a Neutrogena Facial Bar over the weekend so that's at the sink.  In the shower I have my Biore Charcoal Cleanser.

Mask: Julep Mask Noir.  I want to finish it this week.  I might be able to squeeze out a couple more applications.  Thick stuff!

Exfoliant:  glo-therapeutics Refresh Facial Polish Facial Scrub.

Makeup:  I'm going to use Boxum Lash, the Balm Bahama Mama as bronzer, Sexy Mama translucent powder, and Hot Mama!  primarily as a blush this week.  I had had this AVON true color eyeshadow quad in muse for a while now and mark drama case which is a eyeshadow and eyeliner palette.  The drama case is unique.  I pull it apart from the side to reveal 6 eyeshadows.  When you pull it apart from the top and bottom, you find 4 eyeliner shadows.  Interesting...






Hair: Toni&Guy Prep Heat Protection Mist

Hands:  My hands are really dry and my cuticles are all torn up so I included Camille Beckman Frecnh Vanilla Glycerine Hand Therapy to help out.

Body:  These will be a single application I'm sure...  100% Pure Coconut Nourishing Body Cream.  I will probably end up finishing my Trader Joe's Coconut Body Butter as well this week.

So that's what I have going on for Week #9!  Hopefully I can get through everything.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment