Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Week 8 Results!

Week 8's result box is packed...


Here is what I started with:



Foundation: I had a tough week in the foundation department.  One thing that I learned, I can no longer apply with my fingers.  My skin only likes a beauty blender or equivalent and this week it was the Real Techniques one and it works excellent.  It's just more forgiving, blurring, helps disquise flakiness...  Especially with CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous. What a perfect foundation for me.  I have 825 Buff Beige.  There is a slight pinkiness to it but overall it is the best match for my skin tone other than Dr Jartt and Garnier BB Cream.  Stay Fabulous just gives me that perfect finish and passes the car mirror check!  All week long I checked and my face was orange.  Mortifying!  And there was nothing I could do about it since I had already left the house. 
 

The ones that didn't work out, L'OREAL True Match LUMI and regular. W1-2 and W3 are just too pink. They look artificial on me.  I know that they work well for a lot of others though.  I just wish I could find the right shade.  And since I have CoverGirl Stay Fabulous that I know looks perfect, it's time to let this foundation baggage go.  I'm going to send LUMI to my sister.  Her complexion is more fair and more pink.

I also used my faithful Skin 79 BB cream and Lumene CC Cream in Light either alone or as bases.  I finished up the eclos HydraPriner this week.  I really like this product.  It controls oil and fills in pores without settling in them. 

Moisturizer: I'm still have congestion issues. I broke out the big guns...  My Olay Professional Pro-X Clear. Which I think is losing potency because my go to system did nothing for my skin this week. Usually 2-3 days is all I need.  Ahh and I just looked at the expiration on the tube 04/2013.  OOPS!!! Bye Bye Olay, you have been good to me.

I also had oily, dry and normal skin this week... yay...  So when trying to find that perfect moisturizer for everything I was dealing with, I grabbed Nuance AM/PM anti-Aging Super Lotion. It is very moisturizing for me so I learned to use this at night.  It smells nice, slight citrus/botanical.  I love that Nuance is a CVS exclusive product and it qualifies for the spend $30 get $5 ECB!

Primer: I started off with Revlon and ended with Rimmel Stay Matte which was thicker than I expected but worked really well.  The true test will be during a hot and humid day.  

Treatment:  Seventh Generation Clearing with Tea Tree oil.  Not sure if this is doing anything but things are not getting worse either.  Rapid Lash...  I used this a few times. Lashes are looking great!

Cleanser:  I finished up the eclos and used Biore and a new Neutrogena Facial Bar that I opened up at the end of the week.

Mask: I finished my 40 carrots, sadly.  I will be looking for another at Marshall's. But not this month, I will explain later!  I have one more use of my Julep Mask Noir. 

Eye Cream:  I tried and finished Benefit eye potent.  Nice eye cream. No major improvements in a week's time but my concealer looked better this week than last week. I was about to throw them all away.  What a difference an eye cream makes!  

Concealers:  Bobbi Brown Corrector Light Bisque, Maybelline Fit Me in Light and Fair, Physicians Formula Conceal RX.  And yes, some mornings this week, I used a combination of them all!  lol

Makeup:  This week I used my MAC Gold-Go-Lightly which I have used a ton and it still barely has a dip. My favorite mascara is still L'Oreal Lash Out Butterfly.  It makes your lashes look amazing.  Julep Kajal Eye Glider is one of my go to eyeliners.  This does run on me slightly, I just have to make sure I set it if I want to wear it long term.  But I like the tone of the brown is perfect for me.  Not to red, not to green...  Kind of addicted to the Baby Lips Dr. Rescue.  I'm not sure if it does anything for my lips as far as moisturizing, but I like the subtle color and it is quick and easy to apply.  I also used Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Standout and to tone it down a bit, I topped it off with AVON Glazewear Shine Lip Gloss in Iced Pink.  This is my second Iced Pink.  It's one of my favorites.

Urban Decay Naked 3 and Naked Basics was used this week on my eyes.  You know my love for Urban Decay and it continues...

Also pictured is my mark Blush Palette in a MAC palette.  I also have all my mark single eyeshadows in a MAC palette as well.  I like how they are all in one place. 



Oh and a Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze.  My favorite Tattoo!

Lots of empties this week so look out for that next!

No comments:

Post a Comment