Sunday, March 23, 2014

Suds up Sunday!



Time to wash those brushes! 



Currently I am using Aveeno Baby Shampoo to clean my brushes.  I try to wash my used brushes at least once a week so these are the brushes I gravitated towards this past week!  I will spread them out so they will dry quicker after I post this...  :) 

 
 
I also use the Master's Brush Cleanser which I find at Michael's.  I always buy it with a 40% off coupon too!
 


Washing brushes and even a makeup blending sponge is a breeze with this little canister.  You just wet the brush or sponge, swirl a few times and rinse.   I run the soap container under water rinse out the dirty water.





I find that it is much quicker than pouring Aveeno baby soap into my hand, swirling the brush under water, adding more soap for dirtier brushes, rinsing with more water... 

But I alternate every other week to ensure maximum cleanliness and to prevent any possible build up of soap product in the brushes. 

I clean my Real Techniques makeup sponge every other day or so with a Neutrogena Facial Bar as well.  I try to make sure that it is thoroughly cleaned several times a week to prevent a build up of bacteria.  I probably should replace this sponge.  I have been using it for about 4 months now.  It cleans up nice and has held up really well.
 
What do you use to clean your brushes?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment