Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Week 11 Results/Weekly Favorites

I'm going to change things up this week and instead of talking about the boring details of every single product I used during the week, I will just highlight my favorite products that I used.  Additionally, if there was a product that was a total fail, I will bring that up as well!  What do you think?
 
This is what I started out Week 11 with:

 

And this is what I ended the week with:


My favorites this week:

Revlon Colorstay Whipped in 150 Buff and 200 Sand Beige
Lumene Time Freeze CC Cream
Garnier BB Cream Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector Combination to Oily Skin Light/Medium
marimekko for AVON all-over face palettes in poppy bouquet and poppy bloom
Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian clay finishing powder
Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo Dual Action Acne Treatment
Maybelline Eye Studio in 400 Olive Martini

Still loving the Revlon Colorstay Whipped and Lumene CC Cream.  I wore them together and separately.  I wore Garnier BB cream for Combination to Oily skin by itself over the weekend as it has great coverage.  Still one of my favorite BB creams, though it is really more like a foundation.

I'm on week #3 of  Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid.  I'm not seeing amazing results and started having a small breakout of my congested chin.  I added some La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo Dual Action Acne Treatment and the combination of BHA and LHA effectively dehydrated my skin combined with the sharp 20 degree drop in temp over the past 3 days.  But things are clearing up, which was the goal!

I've had these beautiful marimekko for AVON all over face palettes in poppy bloom for blush and poppy bouquet for highlighter for 4 years now and I think this is the second time I've actually used them.  I'm not sure why but they are beautiful and wonderfully pigmented. 

Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian clay finishing powder is my absolute favorite for setting my under eye concealer right now.  It's perfection. 

One of my all time favorite eyeshadow palettes is Maybelline Eye Studio in 400 Olive Martini.  I had to grab this off of eBay last year as my area doesn't seem to get Limited Edition collections.  (* I did eventually find another CVS further out from where I live and it tends to be fully stocked with rare limited edition displays that the other 2 closer CVS' never seem to have.)  At first I thought this palette was too glittery, but when you get through the top layer, the highlight is a beautiful satin and the rest are shimmers.  I'm obsessed with green.

On the fence:

Also for eyes I used Flower Beauty Shadow in Smoke and Mirrors.  I have a difficult time with this palette.  The eyeshadows themselves are pigmented, soft and pretty in the pan.  On the eye after blending the base color is just muddy.  I can't think of any other descriptive word.  Too be honest, I'm not the best at applying matte shadows.  Of course this is probably user error, but I find shimmery/satin shades easier to work with, more forgiving, quicker to apply and look better on my eye shape.

I also layered the shadows over Flower Beauty Color Play Crème Shadow in Orchid-ing Around which is also beautiful in the jar but on the lid the color is a sheer wash.  And the base color is very dark gray/black and it blends out muddy as well.  I still am tempted to pick up more though when I walk in the cosmetic aisle at Walmart.  They seem very luxe and the packaging is really nice.  I've used this palette a few times.  I want to like it...

So there you have it!

What were your favorites this week or so far this month?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment