Monday, January 16, 2012

Guerlain Lingerie De Peau 02 Foundation






So this is what expensive high end foundation feels and looks like...  One word.  Amazing.  I will never mess with a drugstore foundation again.  Okay, okay, you know I will but it will have to be absolutely free and a money maker.  lol  


I do like Revlon Colorstay in Buff but it's a little stinky and thick and I like Neutrogena Healthy Skin in Nude (summer) and Natural Ivory (winter) but it has a tendency to slide off my face with certain moisturizers/primers.  They are very good matches, not perfect, but good.  Colorstay lasts quite a bit longer, Neutrogena is less mask like.




I really took a gamble with Guerlain.  Larie from Eye Heart It was having a blogsale (and she sent a sample and candy!) and I saw this beauty and instinctly knew straight away it would be perfect.  


Unfortunately my blasted neck is ghostly white which I have talked about many times previously.  I can't put a thing on it.  Nothing.  I can't blend my foundation down or I will be so sorry.  Soap, lotion, bronzer, if so much a molecule of perfume happens to brush against it, the worst sensitivity reaction you have ever imagined occurs and it takes weeks if not months for it to clear.  So I don't even bother trying out new products or any products on my neck for that matter...


So back to the foundation.  I have to get it right, I mean dead on.  Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Foundation in 02 does it.  Perfectly.  Flawlessly.  It is truly incredible!  I just need a half pump and it is the perfect amount to literally make my pores disappear and the redness in my cheeks just barely visible.  It is like a second skin, my skin, only better!  So cliche, yet so true.  I cannot get over how great this foundation is at making pores seem invisible!  They are literally gone.  It doesn't even settle into fine lines.

The second time that I tried this foundation I mixed the foundation with a half pump of Tarina Tarantino Pearl Primer and bam!  Even better than perfection.  10.5 hour mark and it still looked beautiful, though the shine was starting to peak through which at that point is better than great for my skin.    

Guerlain Lingerie De Peau has truly opened up a whole new foundation world for me.  Heavy expensive feeling glass bottle?  Check.  Pump?  Check.  Beautiful subtle floral scent that immediately disappears?  Check.  Flawless coverage?  Check.  The perfect satin finish?  Check.  And it is free from Sulfates, Phthalates, GMOs, and Triclosan. The list goes on and on.  


The retail price for this is $57.  I paid a fraction of that from a blog sale.  It will last forever I'm sure since so little is needed at a time.  Very happy with Guerlain!




Umm... practicing with the new camera!  lol

3 comments:

  1. Wow this foundation looks amazing! One of my beauty goals this year is to try out a high end foundation! I feel like I've been through the rundown of the drugstore foundations and they just aren't doing it for me, lol. Apparently I feel the need to spend an ungodly amount on a product or something, but for whatever reason I want to do it this year. I will need to consider Guerlain as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the Colorstay and the Neutrogena work for me at different times of the year. I still need to work with Guerlain just slightly to make it perfect but by far it is the easiest. It doesn't settle into pores or lines, no primer needed for me. I really want to try the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua but some with oily skin don't like it, some do, it's hard to tell if it will work. I do prefer a satin finish... it might be too dewy. I still want to try it anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yay!!! I'm so glad it worked out for you! In the end I realized that it's not quite my color match, or it oxidizes too quickly on me. It's a shame, because the finish is really lovely. I'm glad you love it :D

    ReplyDelete