Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Nuance Salma Hayek Walnut Body Scrub

I did a quick review of this at the end of last summer when I first picked this Walnut Scrub up.  If you aren't familiar with Nuance, let me fill you in!

Salma Hayek was inspired by her grandmother, a cosmetologist who would create her own homemade remedies and skincare. We have all seen how well Ms. Hayek has aged so fittingly, she has been developing this line for apparently a decade.  It was released at most or some CVS stores in or about August 2011.  They were a difficult find for me as the 2 CVS' here in town didn't and still don't carry the Nuance line except for the hair products.  I was able to find it about an hour away after tagging along with my husband one day.

I bought these BOGO free with other Nuance products with 4 $2/1 coupons and $5 ECB from a previous purchase.  All 4 products (2 facial cleansing & toning wipes, rose hip lotion and the scrub) came up to $7 and I received another $5 in ECB the next time I walked into CVS.  It was a great deal!  Thank you CVS Beauty Club!   The scrub retails at $7.99.



I recently tried to use another 4 $2/1 coupons during a BOGO 1/2 off but the sales associate would only let me use one coupon.  Apparently the first time I used them, the sale associate at the other store must forced them through for me. 

Anywho...

The scrub is nice.  Cruelty free and paraben free.  Pleasant smell but not overly scented.  Works reasonably well.  The granules are small and not too abrasive for sensitive skin.  I liked the idea of including caffeine in the product to "firm and tone the skin."  Though I didn't notice any noticeable or dramatic changes in the appearance of my skin after using this product. 


What I didn't like about it was the colorants.  They were a bit strong as in staining to my white shower poof that after using up this product, I had to throw it away.  Red 40, caramel, Annatto...  But that is the only fault I could find.  I also used it with a face cloth but it didn't stain the cloth. 

CVS often runs BOGO 1/2 off and ECB's with a purchase of 2 of the Nuance line and I have printed out CVS coupons at the Magic Coupon Machine. 

Will I repurchase in 2012?   Most definitely if I can get them BOGO and use my $2 off coupons which do not expire until December 31, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment