Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Meow Cosmetics Haul

So I got a ton of samples from Meow Cosmetics.  I read on Phyrra that Meow Cosmetics had a 15% off sale over Mother's Day.  I saw that she had tried out Meow's foundation so I decided to grab a load of samples to see if I could find a match. 






I haven't gotten started on the trials yet as I just got everything organized to my liking.  I can't deal with sample baggies, I have to put them in jars.  So I was at Walmart last night and went to the jewelry making aisle and I found the perfect solution!

These aren't high quality jars and there are no sifters.  But since these are sample sizes, I really don't need a sifter to hold back a ton of pigment from spilling all over the place.  It is risky though.  I tend to be a little messy as I am always in a hurry in the morning and I have kids running around!

I followed a method that I read on Sirvinya a long time ago.  So what I did is this...  I peeled the label off the baggie sample and trimmed it to fit on the bottom of the jar.  I then cut a good size opening in one corner of the bottom of the baggie and dumped the sample into the jar.  It was tricky at times getting all the pigment to one side of the baggie so I could cut the other corner.  But all in all, this took my 20 minutes.  Totally worth it so all my new eyeshadows are easily accessible, visible and labeled.


This bead container cost $7 for the container and the jars.  Everything fits snugly, safe and sound.

The eyeshadows on the very right are Fyrinnae.  But I'm not sure if they are samples are not.  There was a ton of product in those baggies.  But I haven't touched them since I bought them.  Having them in jars will allow me to reach for them more often.

I'll let you know how the foundation sampling goes!  Fingers crossed.  I have a feeling Revlon Photoready isn't going to be the best summer time foundation.  Melt down city...

No comments:

Post a Comment