Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sunshine Sparkle

Okay, I know.  I got suckered into this purchase.  I've been going back and forth about getting this polish and then I stopped seeing it in the drugstores.  So I thought I missed out on it.    Then I went to Rite Aid yesterday for some Tylenol Precise back patches that were on sale for $5 and I had $5 MCs.  My husband has a hurt back, poor guy.  Too much snow this winter!  We have a consult with an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow since 2 months of physical therapy haven't done a thing.

So back to Rite Aid, on my way to the analgesic aisle I see a brand new, untouched display on a bottom shelf.  I grabbed Sunshine Sparkle immediately.  I just couldn't help myself!  I also had a $3/$15 coupon from the survey and a $1/1 MC for Revlon nail polish.  So I paid 99 cents for the polish, well for everything really because the Tylenol precise were free.  Yay!

It's a really pretty color but crappy, crappy formula.  I'm still deciding if it is worth the trouble.  I tried putting it on last night but you really need smooth nails.  So I would suggest a quick buff and a thick base coat.  I didn't get out SC Unicorn and layer over it like I planned and it was a total failure.  And my cuticles were a mess as well. 

So I started fresh this morning.  I've already dinged up 2 nails!  Ugh!  I just can't sit still this morning.  This is 3 coats and a base coat as well as a Seche Vite topper.  Oh and Nika in the background guarding the house.  lol


See I dinged up my ring finger.  Yellow polish on my fave Red Sox shirt.  UGH!

I really really like the color.  Glad I only paid 99 cents for it though!

No comments:

Post a Comment