Friday, December 2, 2011

Mind Control

Another Cult Nails beauty for you today.  This is Mind Control and from looking at it in the bottle, I thought it was a deep purple shimmer.  Actually it is a black base with purple shimmer!  Yay!  What a pleasant surprise.  Love that!

As wih all Cult Nails polish that I have used, this took 2 coats, great formula, great consistancy.  Great stuff!   Oh in addition to the 2 coats of Mind Control I did use a layer of Barrielle Instant Liquid Nail Hardener and my usual Seche Vite Clear Base Coat, then 2 coats of Mind Control and Seche Vite Top Coat.   I cleaned yesterday and destroyed my nails so I had to file them down.

Why don't I wear gloves when I clean? I ask myself that same question everytime. I get the same answer too, I was in a hurry and couldn't bother. lol

But it worked out well. I always reach for darker polish when I have shorter nails.



I took this right as the sun was coming up.  Love that!  There is a pretty heavy frost out there today.  I finally got some hats and gloves out for the kids.  Yesterday was the first day that they wore jackets.  Fittingly, as it was December 1st!







I took a lot of pictures.  lol  I love to wear black/dark polish.  This has the right amount of shimmer to make it more interesting than just a deep purple or just a black polish.  Plus my camera was having a tough time this morning!   Poor thing is tired.   Time to retire the Canon Rebel XT.   Yeah I know, user error. lol  

It's really the camera. It's a dinasaur! We are talking 6 years old...  The focusing mechanism is on the fritz.   I can manually focus, which I do most of the time but of course the pictures look great on the screen but when they are blown up on my computer it's blurry city!   It takes me forever to get it just right!   But we make due with what we've got right?  ;)

I have a favor to ask all of you dear readers...  Please think of me tomorrow morning when I'm sitting for my NCLEX!  Concentrate on me passing!  Can't wait to take the day off on Sunday to read blogposts and watch youtube videos, instead of doing NCLEX questions and listening to pharmacology lectures. 

Thank you so much!

Hope you all have a good day!

1 comment:

  1. looks like a really pretty color! I love darker colors in the fall/winter time =)

    ReplyDelete