Monday, August 30, 2010

Protect your investment

Every beauty product should be treated as an investment in yourself.  Hair color is no exception.  Should be a no-brainer because of the expense.  Even that $10 hair color bought at the grocer adds up.  There are so many products on the market right now that claim to enhance your color, maintain your color, wash the brass away...  I was tempted to try AVON's new line.  I might pick it up eventually.

I change my hair color a couple times a year, pretty drastically at that.  Right now, it's blonde, a few months before that brown, a few months before that and the past couple of years varying shades of dark brown and red.  Right now I'm close to my true hair color.

Now that I have gone the blonde route again after a 3 year hiatus, I went back to John Frieda.  The company has a color enhancing formula, a purple shampoo that guarantees to keep the brass at bay.  I've been using it for about 2 and a half weeks and no hint of brass.  So if I can keep this color lasting 2-3 weeks longer than the 4-6 weeks, I will cut down on my yearly hair dying upkeep.  Money saved! 


The shampoo and conditioner will run you $8.99 a piece.  I was able to score mine with a $1 off coupon and $5 Extra Care Bucks at CVS.  So it cost me around $12 for the both of them.  I use the shampoo every other to every 2 days so I'm hoping they will last until the next CVS Extra Care Bucks sale.

Bottomline, by protected and keeping your hair investment looking fresh longer, you will save in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment