Tuesday, August 17, 2010

September's Real Simple

Best issue in a long time!  I'm a fan but lately it's been pretty blah.  I finish reading it in like 10 minutes.

They are calling that the color of the season is red though I've heard purple.  I don't really follow trends per se, what feels good to me at the time is what I wear!  I do like small pops of red myself.  If you were to look in my closet right now, I'm not sure if I even own anything red.  At all?  I recently sent half my wardrobe to a consignment shop.  It was at the beginning of my pregnancy.  I'm really hoping I didn't make a huge mistake but at the time I was thinking that a.  I wouldn't be able to wear the clothes for probably a year and b.  Everything would be outdated more than they already are.  c.  Wouldn't that be a great incentive to lose baby weight?  and I guess I thought about d.  How much money will I make? 

Have I been back to the consignment shop to check on my sales?  Nope.  I should probably do that this week! 

Great articles this month in Real Simple...  The Bootie Buying Guide, Fast Makeup Tricks, the decoder Sweeteners, which are always so confusing to me!  Is agave natural or what?  Some ideas for decorating those bare walls, like the ones in my livingroom and dinner swap ideas.   I have always wanted to have a dinner swap!  Christmas cookie swaps are the best! 

Of course my favorite....samples and coupons!


What a great incentive to try L'OREAL's new foundation, Visible Lift with Serum Absolute.   The formula contains Pro-Retinol A and Vitamin C.  Sounds like a winner to me!  I was in CVS recently and I didn't even see this yet.  What is Savvy Beauty going to do?  Well try out all the shades, specifically 143, 144, 145 and 146 to see if one matches my crazy hard to match ivory/light complexion of course!  Then I will wait for this Sunday's ads to see if L'OREAL goes on sale somewhere.  This week it's all about Covergirl and Revlon in the drugstores.

There is also a sample and coupon for Garnier Ultra-Lift Anti-Wrinkle Firming Moisturizer.  I have been intrigued by the Garnier ads but never have tried.  Here's my chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment