Thursday, September 2, 2010

Lancome vs. Estee Lauder

A while back I splurged and purchased Estee Lauder's Double Wear Light in Intensity 1.0.  I love everything about it!  The texture, the coverage, the fact that it is light and it stays matte all day long!  However, it is just too yellow for my skin.  I was going to try the 2.0 which the woman at the counter and I thought would have more pink, but alas, it was too dark.  So disappointing!  So thankfully they let me return it.  I tried it 3 times.  If I used just a hint, it was perfect, but we all have those days when we need a tad bit more coverage and the yellow was just too much to bare!  Unfortunately it is the lightest shade so there are no other options for me in the Double Wear Light.



So when I went back to Macy's a lovely gal re-introduced me to Lancome.  Now I was a huge Lancome fan back in the day.  Lancome was the only mascara I would wear.  So she sent me home with a 10 day supply of Teint Idole Fresh Wear in Ivory 2C.  The foundation is more runny, great description, it's thinner than the Lancome, which I did not like at first.  And of course, one again, YELOW!  Ugh.  So frustrating.  I should go back and try the Ivory 1C.  My face feels baby soft with the Teint Idole.  The coverage is pretty light.  I do like Double Wear Light a little better in that respect.



Will I ever find a foundation that matches my complexion?  Any suggestions???

No comments:

Post a Comment