Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mary Kay

Back in the day, well just about 5 years ago, all I used was MK.  I did think about selling it for a minute for the discount, but decided against it.  There were just so many prodcuts I loved.  Satin Hands, which I still buy, use and love.  They had this awesome shaving cream which they no longer make.  Their nail polishes were pretty good, which they no longer make.  I frequently use my cooling eye gel which is always kept in the fridge for those puffy-eyed mornings.  I recently just used up the last of my cream to powder foundation which had great coverage.  I also have a couple MK lipsticks in my collection. 

My friend is now a rep and I buy things from her every once in a while.  In fact, it's been a while!  While looking through the ecatalog I came across the look "Simply Sun-Kissed."  The entire look is $66.  I didn't need a brown liner, black mascara or bronzer stick which I was tempted to get anyway so I ordered two eyeshadows in Sweet Plum and Sweet Cream and lipstick Inspiration. 


The Sweet Cream totally blends into my skin!  It is like a butter cream color and the sweet plum is above that.  I just love the pale pink of Inspiration.  It is a lovely shade on my lips.  I have been wearing it non-stop since I received it.  I also noticed that it has a pleasant smell.  MK lipsticks did have a slight "lipstick smell" but I noticed that they must have changed the formula because the scent is very light now.

The lipsticks cost $13 and the eyeshadows cost $6.50.  Say what you will about MK, they do create some high quality products.  I almost want to sign up to sell to get a discount!  Umm, almost...

MK also recently came out with this sleek compact. 

Unfilled, it costs $35.  It looks like it holds 6 eyeshadows, 2 blushes, 2 lip liners, 2 lipsticks or lipglosses and either a cream to powder foundation or their pressed mineral foundation.  Perfect to stash in your purse or to simplify your make-up routine on holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment