Thursday, September 9, 2010

Purity Made Simple one-step facial cleansing cloth

I'm a big fan of cleansing clothes.  I like to use them throughout the day, especially in the summer time.  They are also great to stash in your gym bag.  And I've used them to take my day make-up off at the end of a long workday so I could re-apply night make-up for dinner and drink with office mates.  No need to stop off at home, I would have missed happy hour!  After 8-10 hours in full make-up, sometimes you need a fresh start.

I was so happy to be able to get a sample of the philosophy brand.  The cloth is nice and soft and very durable.  I was testing out some foundation samples and was able to use it a few times.  When I did use it in the late afternoon, it threatened to burn a little but it never did burn, just slightly warmed my face.   Which is normal for me when trying out most facial cleansing products for the first time.  After looking at the ingredient list, I saw piper nigrum (pepper) seed oil.  This could have been the culprit.  And of course, there was a warning that a there would be a slight tingle upon the initial application!  I never read directions!

However, this cleansing cloth would be great in the morning for a quick wake-up.  My face feels soft and actually moisturized.  I don't feel the need to lather on some lotion after using this product which I have found with other brands.  You don't have to rinse, which is also super convenient. 

So for 45 cleansing clothes, it will run you $20.  That works out to 44 cents every time you wash your face.  When doing a price comparison, Yves Rocher has 25 cleansing cloths for $9 which works out to 36 cents.  Olay, depending on which variety you choose and which drugstore sale you hit up, a 30 pack costs about 23 cents a piece.  Neutrogena Make-Up Remover Cleansing Towelettes are about 32 cents a piece.  Basis which I haven't tried yet 28 cents. 

All-in-all I don't think it's an outrageous price for a quality brand.  Every once in a while philosophy products end up in my local TJ Maxx.  I haven't seen the cleansing clothes yet, but I will definitely keep an eye out now!

No comments:

Post a Comment