Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Smashbox

Not sure if you are aware but the Smashbox site has a "Let's do lunch" happy hour type sale every Tuesday and Thursday afternoons.  http://www.smashbox.com/Information/Smashbox-Lunch I figured what a great opportunity to try Smashbox and get some free stuff!   Well unfortunately my first Smashbox experience was just awful.  After consulting with an on-line rep, we decided on the Camera Ready Full Coverage Foundation in shade L2.  I'm pretty fair with pink undertones.  I have a couple broken capillaries here and there so we decided that the full coverage would be best.  The foundation is a cream to powder, matte finish.  After applying, I asked my hubby the usual, "Does it look like I have too much makeup on?"  He replies with, "You look like a dead person."  Horrified, I take the mirror to the window for some natural light and sure enough, it looked terrible on me.  The coverage was way to heavy and the shade was all too wrong.  But it was an easy return and I have no complaints about customer service.  I did however have to return my free gifts, which was fine with me.  I certainly do not need another brown eyeshadow palette.  I never wear browns! 

They do give out 3 samples with every order.  I received a mascara, which was hard to judge because the sample size applicator was terrible and I ended up with gobbs of mascara all over the place.  I also received a sample size of the Photo Op Under Eye Brightner.

http://www.smashbox.com/PHOTO-OP-UNDER-EYE-BRIGHTENER

Now this stuff is awesome!  Now that I am studying around the clock and sleep is on the backburner, my eyes are suffering!  I put a couple dabs over my usual concealer.  Well I'm not using a concealer at the moment per se, I use an extra helping of Bare Minerals in my faoundation shade of Fair and then a couple light dabs of the Photo Op. I've been up since 5, went to bed at midnight the night before.  I did not reapply and my dark circles are still covered!  Great stuff.  I will definitely be ordering a full size shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment