Saturday, July 10, 2010

Boots No. 7 Intelligent Balance Mousse Foundation


This foundation comes in a swanky but inconvenient heavy glass jar and a useless plastic scoop. However, the formulation is wonderful. I have never tried a Mousse Foundation before. If you have been following my blog, you know that I have combination/oily skin if I use the wrong products. With right products, the oil can be controlled. This foundation is great for oily/combination skin. It leaves the skin perfectly smooth and matte.

It was also the first time I used a brush to apply a foundation other than a mineral foundation.  Which I highly recommend but I'm sure you other guru beauty bloggers are already using foundation brushes!!!  The brush worked beautifully. The jar seems to be designed for the comsumer to dip a foundation brush into it.  I will never use my fingers or a sponge again, unless necessary of course. The only problem I had was that the shade is a bit off. I ordered Blonde.  I have fair skin with pink undertones, my neck is sheer white and then my chest is a little flushed as well.  So I don't want to go super pale to match my neck and if I did that my chest would look super red.  I can't blend make-up on my neck for it is super sensitive and will break out immediately.  Literally.  Even if I spray a mist of perfume and walk through it, if one little perfume molecule lands anywhere on my neck instant rash/breakout.   So anywho...  it's difficult for me to get a true foundation color match.  Anyone else have this problem?

I think I will need to order or exchange the Blonde for New Ivory. The Blonde is slightly too dark and yellow for me. It is the summer though. I was thinking I would have to mix the Blonde and New Ivory to get the perfect shade. Which is a little bothersome, but if the formulation is spot-on it’s worth the extra step. I wore it for 2 days this week in blazing 100 degree heat plus crazy humidity and I didn’t shine at all. Granted I wasn’t exercising and sweating up a storm, just walking to and fro the car and class and picking up the kiddies at the sitter but it kept me grease free which is a definite plus.

3 comments:

  1. I just ordered this foundation and I can't wait to try it. I have oily-combo skin too and I hope this stuff works for me. I've read a lot of good reviews on it. I was looking at the Boots No. 7 website to see if they sell a pressed powder for touch-ups, and they don't. So, I guess you don't need touch-up's with this make-up then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not usually... I hardly ever need to touch up if I use a finishing powder to set my make-up. I either use Bare Minerals Mineral Veil or e.l.f.'s HD powder. It really makes a huge difference. They are both much lighter than a pressed powder and they don't settle into your pores. I have found that with pressed powders I shine faster and need more touch-ups. I do carry one by AVON in my bag just in case though...

    So did you try it yet? What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have tried the Mousse Foundation and it's very nice. I did get a little "shiny" after about 3-hours, so I think if I use a setting powder, it should be okay.

    ReplyDelete