Saturday, July 10, 2010

Paula's Choice Skin Balancing System for Normal to Oily/Combination Skin



I tried out a sample set of the Skin Balancing System for a couple days this week.  I had ordered it from http://www.paulaschoice.com/product/skin-balancing-system/skin-balancing-system  It was $5 and it included a $5 giftcard towards my next purchase (so free!) and 3 samples of the Best Face Forward Foundation.  Which I love by the way.  Perfect color match. 

Here's some deets from the website before I get on with my review:
Comprehensive daily routine to equalize and improve normal to oily/combination skin

• State-of-the-art formulas provide a wide complement of ingredients skin needs to function optimally

• Ongoing use will promote smooth, balanced skin that resists excess oiliness and breakouts

• Fragrance-free because it's what's best for skin

• This set includes: Skin Balancing Cleanser, Skin Balancing Toner, 1% BHA Gel, Skin Balancing Mattifying Antioxidant, Skin Balancing Daily Mattifying Lotion SPF15, Skin Balancing Moisture Gel, Skin Balancing Carbon Mask

I really liked this set. I happen to be very serious about skin care. I don’t like to skimp. I want my face to look great for years to come. I work at keeping my skin protected from the sun, well cleansed and moisturized. And it shows. I’m 33 and I have a few fine lines around my eyes which I moisturize every morning and night. I remove my make-up every night before using a cleanser for the rest of my face. I think this routine is very important for keeping healthy and glowing skin. If I happen to be lazy one night, it definitely shows the next morning.  Oh and solid healthy diet packed with fruits and veggies and drinking plenty of water helps as well. So even though this set contains 7 items, it does not deter me. Now on to the review!

This past week it reached the triple digits in an area that barely sees temperatures go above 85 even on the hottest days of the summer. So this set really was put to the challenge of keeping my skin oil free. The cleanser was wonderfully gentle. Though I have oily skin, I don’t like to strip it of all it’s natural oils. Squeaky clean is not good for the oil impaired! The toner was light as well. No harsh tingly feeling which I used to like because I felt that my face was getting super clean. It was quite gentle as well. Toner is a wonderful product to tighten up the pores after cleansing and to remove residual cleanser. It is an essential step and many disregard its importance in a basic skin care routine.  I know I used to!

Skin Balancing Super Antioxidant Mattifying Concentrate Serum w/ Retinol: I really liked this product. It was super silky and left the skin soft and silky and dewy. I followed up with the Skin Balancing Daily Mattifying Lotion with SPF 15 because I was going out for the day. At night I used the Skin Balancing Moisture Gel. It was very light and moisturizing. If you are happy with all your other skin care products and didn’t want a full set, this would be the one to get. Oh and the toner and Mattifying Concentrate Serum.

The Skin Balancing Carbon Mask scared me at first because I could feel it "working." It started off tingly with a slight cooling sensation and then just when I thought I should wash it off, the sensation was over. It was my first time using it. I would probably only use this once a week. I would like a full-size to help with blackheads which I occasionally find. I have larger pores so with combination/oily skin and larger pores, you need to work harder at cleansing especially if you are obsessed with products and make-up like myself.

So will I be purchasing? Yes. As soon as I finish up all my other cleansers! You can always try the complete sample set for $5 and then get a $5 gift card towards you next Paula’s Choice purchase, or the purchase of the set. So basically you try the sample set for free. So at roughly $15 and change for each of the 7 items, it’s a reasonable price. And if it works for you as it did for me, that’s priceless folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment