I did some Spring Cleaning yard work over the weekend and let me tell you, I am still feeling it. I pinched some crazy nerve in my upper back and even my wrists are sore from raking up leaves! I'm a mess I tell you, a mess! Ugh.
So it's way past January 1st and I still haven't implemented an exercise routine like I had intended. It wasn't quite a New Year's Resolution per se but I really need to get my derriere in shape. Well not so much my back end as my stomach if we want to get into specifics. I was blessed (cursed?) with an apple shape so my arms and legs are not the problem but my midsection is another story. I cannot use the "Oh I just had a baby, " it has been 6 months! Though I was talking to someone recently and she still uses it 8 years later...
So here's my announcement! I am going to start eating healthy, which I already do, but I am prone to indulge in ice cream and other treats as my husband has a wicked sweet tooth. I'm not placing any blame, but before I met him, I never had any sweets! Like ever, umm, never. Seriously. I'm not a snacker either, so that saves me a tremendous amount of calories for sure. I am guilty in over caffeinating myself. What can I say, I have 3 kids, a dog, a husband and I'm a full-time student. A girl gets tired. But with my new exercise routine, I will undoubtedly find some new energy resources and will certainly cut back on the joe.
So here goes nothing!
1. So no more nightly sweets. I will replace with an apple or dried fruit. Or a bowl of Special K Berries or Kashi! I'm well stocked that's for sure.
2. Morning dog walks. Nika needs the exercise as well.
3. Up Yoga from once a week to 3 times a week.
4. Light weights 3 times a week. I'm talking lunges, triceps, biceps, shoulders. Nothing crazy.
5. Run 2-3 miles every Tuesday and Wednesday and once on the weekend. Obviously I will need to work up to 2-3 miles. I will start by walking around the local track and I should be up and running at least a mile in a couple weeks right?
6. Instead of brewing or buying afternoon coffee, I will have tea, preferrably green tea instead.
It doesn't sound like too much, but too little either. I think it's quite doable. Wish I had a gym with a daycare around here. That would be fantastic.
So today I shoveled the driveway, sidewalk and half of the neighbors driveway and did some weights, squats and lunges. I'm sure I won't be able to walk tomorrow. I tend to over do it when I first start out. lol
I still plan on walking the dog when the hubby comes home after work.
Everyday I will "log" in my exercise time and what I did. I might not be able to get to my computer everyday so I will summarize the first chance that I get.
Sound like a plan? Who is with me?