Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Fitness Goals

I did some Spring Cleaning yard work over the weekend and let me tell you, I am still feeling it.  I pinched some crazy nerve in my upper back and even my wrists are sore from raking up leaves!  I'm a mess I tell you, a mess!  Ugh.

So it's way past January 1st and I still haven't implemented an exercise routine like I had intended.  It wasn't quite a New Year's Resolution per se but I really need to get my derriere in shape.  Well not so much my back end as my stomach if we want to get into specifics.  I was blessed (cursed?) with an apple shape so my arms and legs are not the problem but my midsection is another story.  I cannot use the "Oh I just had a baby, " it has been 6 months!  Though I was talking to someone recently and she still uses it 8 years later...

So here's my announcement!  I am going to start eating healthy, which I already do, but I am prone to indulge in ice cream and other treats as my husband has a wicked sweet tooth.  I'm not placing any blame, but before I met him, I never had any sweets!  Like ever, umm, never.  Seriously.  I'm not a snacker either, so that saves me a tremendous amount of calories for sure.  I am guilty in over caffeinating myself.  What can I say, I have 3 kids, a dog, a husband and I'm a full-time student.  A girl gets tired.  But with my new exercise routine, I will undoubtedly find some new energy resources and will certainly cut back on the joe. 

So here goes nothing!

1.  So no more nightly sweets.  I will replace with an apple or dried fruit.  Or a bowl of Special K Berries or Kashi!  I'm well stocked that's for sure.

2.  Morning dog walks.  Nika needs the exercise as well.

3.  Up Yoga from once a week to 3 times a week.

4.  Light weights 3 times a week.  I'm talking lunges, triceps, biceps, shoulders.  Nothing crazy.

5.  Run 2-3 miles every Tuesday and Wednesday and once on the weekend.  Obviously I will need to work up to 2-3 miles.  I will start by walking around the local track and I should be up and running at least a mile in a couple weeks right?

6.  Instead of brewing or buying afternoon coffee, I will have tea, preferrably green tea instead.

It doesn't sound like too much, but too little either.  I think it's quite doable.  Wish I had a gym with a daycare around here.  That would be fantastic. 

So today I shoveled the driveway, sidewalk and half of the neighbors driveway and did some weights, squats and lunges.  I'm sure I won't be able to walk tomorrow.  I tend to over do it when I first start out.  lol

I still plan on walking the dog when the hubby comes home after work.

Everyday I will "log" in my exercise time and what I did.  I might not be able to get to my computer everyday so I will summarize the first chance that I get.

Sound like a plan?  Who is with me?

1 comment:

  1. I am SOOOOOO with you! We HAVE to get in shape for my wedding... yikes! We have to start dress shopping :)

    ReplyDelete