Thursday, March 24, 2011

John Frieda

So John Frieda really does perform miracles for us wanna-be blondes.  lol  It seems that every year my hair gets darker and darker.  I still picture myself as being lighter brown but when my roots grow in, my hair is definitely darker now that I am older.  Or they just look darker because of my highlights?



Whatever the case, I picked up some John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Controlled Lightener Spray so I could blend in my roots a bit and possibly prolong the time in between highlights.  I had my fingers crossed that this wouldn't turn into another teenage Sun-In orange mess.  I used it a few times in high school during the winter.   In the summers I always sprayed lemon juice in my hair.  That works amazing.  Perfect streaks.

The first time I used Sun-In, I used the entire bottle and just kept blow drying and blow drying.  I'm lucky I didn't melt my entire head.  Well it worked!  I was at least 3 shades lighter, more orange, but lighter...

So present day, I just want my roots to look more blended.  I wish I took a before photo.  I've used it 3 times now, a couple times last week and once today and I'm pretty happy with the results.  My roots really do look nicely blended. 

 I had a pretty stark line in my part.  This is before I dried it. 

You can still see a line well that might be a shadow actually but it's less noticeable.  It even blended my grays... (what grays? lol)  It's slightly brassy as well.  But that's my hair, reddish highlights.  I use the John Frieda Tone Restoring (purple) shampoo and it helps to take care of that.  I can get super orange, trust me. 

So this stuff works.  The instructions say the more heat the better so the use of a straightener after blow drying will help it work even better.  I unfortunately left my straightener at my mother's a couple of months ago.  I forgot all about it.  I need to get that back!

No comments:

Post a Comment