Tuesday, March 22, 2011

In love!

So I grabbed OPI Last Friday Night from the Katy Perry collection off ebay for $3.50.  Which is a steal for me because I don't have an Ulta around and I have no idea where OPIs are sold around here aside from the JC Penney.  I had a crazy experience there a while back before the Marine Corps Ball, one that involved organge-y red hair and 5 hours of my time.  I had my first ever "dry" hair cut.  She didn't wet it at all and my hair was unwashed from the morning before because you don't wash your hair right before you get it colored right?  Is that still a rule?  Anywho back to Last Friday Night...

I was totally bummed when I first tried on this polish.  I usually prefer opaque polishes, ones that do not show my tips, well right now my nails are wicked short so there really aren't much for tips.  I digress once again...  So I thought I would give it a whirl again after I tried Edyta without a base coat and it stained the crap out of my nails and cuticles.  That's what I get!  I was able to get it out after much scrubbing with Mary Kay Satin Hands and this bottle of OPI was calling for me.  Well it was actually still out from my last trial.  I never did get a picture of Edyta.  It's lovely.  I nicked two nails and I already had 3 coats plus a seche vite.  I couldn't add another.  It would have been too much.  Here I go again...

Well let me tell you, I put on 3 coats of Last Friday Night and since I now have Seche Vite, a coat of it and viola!  Gorg I tell ya, gorg!  I can't stop looking at my nails! 

And this is such a bummer, I can't get a decent picture.  All the pictures I took are horrible looking but I swear in person, this nail polish is amazing.  I cannot capture the color and my cuticles are a complete and utter disaster.  I will keep trying.  I would help if the sun was out today but the Southern Tier of NY only receives on average, 120 days of sunshine a year...  For a comparison, San Diego averages over 260 days of sun!  Trust me, you do notice the lack of sun around here for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment