Friday, March 18, 2011

Maybelline Fit Me

So I sent away for color samples recently, twice actually and honestly, I wasn't given enough to decide.  Of the light, I have 115 on the right side of my face, 120 on the left side of my face and 125 on my chin and for the life of me, I can't even see that I have any foundation on.  For good measure I just put 130 on my forehead.  I'm even more confused now!!!

Which is a good thing but in my case a bad thing because I'm looking for that porcelain finish.  Not of course with a sample but when I do layer it on, I want to make sure it matches my skin tone!  Now that my skin is aging (gasp!) I need a little extra foundation in my life but I'm not at the point where I need a thick layer.  This foundation has a wonderful consistancy, very light, but certainly not a full-coverage, though it could be buildable. 

With the next sample, I tried the chin test.  I applied swipes of the foundation on my jaw line and looked for the one that disappeared.  I couldn't get a good picture.  They are all too yellow.  Here are my awful blackberry pictures.


The lightest shade is 110 on the far right, 115 is the midde and 120 is on the left.  In this picture 120 seems to almost match though the yellow stands out a bit.  Might be good to neutralize my pink...

120, 115, 110 blended.  None of them are a good match I don't think.  I would really need to put a ton on to cover up all my pink and to make it look blended.  If I missed a spot, it would be quite noticeable.  Interestingly, the lightest probably is a great match for my neck which is stark white.  Tough decision but I might have to pass on the Fit Me collection.  My skintone is just too difficult to match!

My Neutrogena Healthy Skin in Natural Ivory 20 had been working well I thought until this week when I found myself needing to blow my nose alot and on the tissue would be this orange residue.  YIKES!   Rushing to the mirror everything looks fine but the contrast on the tissue is too much for me to handle.  I don't want to look like an orange mess!  I mean I looked great when I left my bathroom mirror a couple hours before...

Oh foundation woes...  It's all going to change soon as the weather becomes more humid and warmer.  Already my skin is starting to freak out.  My Garnier Moisture Rescue worked amazing in the dry winter but now I am noticing an oil slick even with my L'OREAL Magic Perfecting base.  It's only March!  Not good. 

Here we go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment