Sunday, October 2, 2011

Almost settled...

I'm baaaack!!!

I think anyway.  This summer was absolute craziness, with the move and trying to sell our house which is still on the market, living in hotels, house sitting, and staying with 2 families, then unpacking...  Thankfully we only have to do it every 3-4 years.  Such is the military life!

So what have I been up to?  Well, we are mostly unpacked, my son's first birthday party was yesterday so I don't have another party to plan for at least 2.5 weeks!  I'm back on my running kick, my sister's wedding is now 9 months away and I've got about 15-20 pounds that have to go.  I've also been incorporating pilates and yoga.  Still haven't made it to the gym, which is pratically across the street from me in the community house.  But I'm happy with all the running, kudos to me!

I'm still trying to figure out the best place to take pics in the new house.  In our old house I took my pictures mostly in the front dining room which was quite sunny, when there was sun in the Southern Tier but even on cloudy days the diffused light was ideal.  No I do not have a light box but I might be seriously considering building one in our huge master walk in closet!

I have a ton of reviews in the works, many upon many drafts that I wasn't able to publish this summer when internet was scarce.  I haven't changed up my routine too much, still rocking the Lioele Beyond the Solution BB Cream.  Love that stuff!  I am going to be doing another pan challenge in preparation for IMATS NYC 2012.  I'm feeling a bt overwhelmed with all the products that I do have and at least want to finish all my skincare items.  Mostly drug store items that I thought were good, but after using more UD and WnW, they might have to take a hike.  No sense in messing around with inferior quality!

Right now I am not loyal to any skincare products but St. Ives Green Tea scrub is working quite well.  Breakouts are a rarity for me but clogged pores are frequent.  This stuff works at relieving the congestion.  I've been using it nightly and it seems to be non-drying so far.  But I will test it out for another week.  As far as lotions and potions, I'm just finishing up a little of this and a little of that so I can finally get those things on my wish list, my new wish list!

I also recently hauled at lush.  First time EVER in a store.  Totally obsessed.  I wasn't able to get everything I wanted of course, but $100 worth of lush is a good start.  I didn't even get any bath bombs!  There is a small store at the Crabtree Mall in Raleigh, NC which is about 2 hours away from me.  So it is just far away enough to make my wallet feel comfortable yet a little on edge.  So look for that review as well.

I've spent most of my time on twitter so I hope you are following!  SavvyBeauty1

No comments:

Post a Comment